Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Edited for My Displeasure

    So, I got an email from Blogger last week.  Yes, the very site hosting this blogcast. While I had received emails from other Google sites, mostly YouTube, I don't remember ever getting one from Blogger before. Apparently, Blogger was notifying me that a video would have to be removed from a post I made back in 2018. It was one of my first attempts at making a video with my then new MacBook Pro. It was just a short of me doing some pushups. Nothing special, I don't even think I did everything right in making it. Anyway, Blogger never said why they had to remove the video, as the site still offers the option of add videos as of the day I'm writing this. Then again, there was some suspicious grammar in the email ("one videos") that made me doubt the legitimacy of the email. Regardless, I removed the old video myself, my way, and not the way the email suggested. Since the original was on my old computer that wasn't able to be saved, it is now lost forever. Probably.
    I didn't mind losing it for it was the first time that I learned that the top of my head was slightly balding. Maybe just thinning, but I still didn't like it. I've tried to hide the fact in other videos, but I'm not always successful. Worse, no one ever told me about it. Not my hairdresser of many, many years, although she might be cutting my hair to hide that fact. Definitely not my mother, although she has an excuse. I've been taller than her since high school, by over eight inches. Maybe even more so now that she has developed scoliosis. I must admit that she has been trying to make me take some hair care supplements.  I don't take them too often.  Though the hormones and such seems to help, as the hair around my forehead is less grey than it was, it could also explain my slight weight gain and a decrease in muscle mass. 
    Anyway, on another front, I may have taken my last shopping trip to the Huntington Mall. The highlight, such as they were. Left over twenty minutes late due to my guest. Had to make an unscheduled rest stop in Prestonsburg. Had to wait at a scheduled stop in Loiusa when my guest met someone they knew. Guest started to complain in the first store we both went into, after they entered a contest and got a free candy in the first store they went to. Having to wait for a second time after a rest stop before shopping in the other end of the mall. The book store had reduced their magazine rack by over half, and they weren't even carrying some titles that I know are still being published. (Sold out or just not being carried, unknown.) The gift shop's new owner got rid of most of what we liked about it, although it now had a huge display of over two dozen goose costumes, including seven or eight for Christmas. The guest started to get overheated in the one store where I thought I could get some clothes, but there was nothing. The comic book store only had two of my missing titles, although I may have overlooked one thinking it was the wrong issue. The last store, I went into alone as the guest was too tired to walk any more. I all but ran up the escalator to save time. I may have found some things, but I didn't like the price or wasn't sure of the product. (I lost the shopping list for department stores, but not others.) I burned my mouth on the chicken sandwich I had for lunch, and I accidentally added a squirt of Coke when I topped off my drink before leaving. (Strangely enough, I frequently burn my mouth on crispy chicken sandwiches.) The craft store had already sold out of the Halloween decorations I was looking for. The guest ran into someone they knew at the first grocery store, which barely had the bare minimum I was looking for, although a second one had a few things I needed, but I had to pass on a few more expensive items I may have wanted to try. Finally, the guest declined to make any rest stops on the way back, causing my back to start hurting from driving so much. 
    And I still got back home earlier than if I had gone into work that Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment